Since may 2014, I did not continue the development of vasptools. I strongly recommend you tu use pymatgen instead.
vasptools is a package wrote in python in order to do pre or post treatments of a VASP calculations. This package contains :
- python modules : vasptools, crystal, myxml, adsorption
- several script using vasptools module
Scripts and functions read the data into the vasprun.xml file because it contains both input parameters and the results of a calculations. The main features are :
- extract or plot density of state
- extract or plot bands
- get structural data
- control convergence
- a tools to put a molecule at a given position on a slab
- some simple operation on CHGCAR file (split, sum)
You can find the whole documentation here : vasptools documentation.
If you want to contribute, please contact me.